Tuesday, October 7, 2008 -
7:00pm to 9:00pm
Submitted Susan Fontana
WPAC Agenda Goal: Budget Fall programming
- Sign in and introductions Denise Browning, Susan Fontana, Tim Kolecke, Ryan Jackson and John Davidson were in attendance.
- September Minutes approval Minutes were read, John Davidson said he did have a report and would submit a 3 sentence report to correct the minutes. We were not sure we had a quorum to vote on the minutes.
- Treasurer's Report- Richard Tilley in England but sent report
- Committee Reports
- Dog Park Update, Cleaning Day-Adam Housely not present, no report
- Web Update-Tim Kolecke: more traffic on the web page was going to add the yoga page and put the past events back on the page, they are currently only on the calendar
- Softball- Ryan Jackson-season ended 2 weeks ago, preview of upcoming season, better communication between teams & park/consortium of players to police themselves and discussion of a privatized league.
- Park Gardens-Doug Wood: not present, Saturday volunteer gardening classes going well.
- Park Kids Art & Gardening Classes-Doug Wood: not present, paper making going well.
- Report on Events
- Pritzker open house-Sylvia Ramos, Susan Fontana, John Davidson: went well, we could have used more volunteers to man the park table to discuss park programming and community projects.
- Park Kids parents Orientation -John Davidson: same night as the WPAC Education Fair, should be scheduled for an early date @ start of the school
- Budget hearings- Doug Wood: not present, presented budget and helped get the roof meeting.
- Yoga-Doug Wood, Denise Browning: this is a good class, making a profit, going to shoot for a Nov-Dec. session.
- Recycling-Susan Fontana: the community brought their computers/paper to shredding/batteries to be recycled, hosted by WPAC/SSA#33/WPGC/WPAC Computers for Schools and Secure Eco Shred, pictures to be emailed to Tim from flicka for webpage.
- Urban Assault-Doug Wood, John Shirk: kind of a nightmare, not well planned out, no signage, communication a problem 450 people on bikes, farmer's market, kids partyŠ
- Field House concerns: report: latches on the fence are fixed and see below:
- loss of landscaper: left early this position ran out of hours
- staffing cuts
- emergency lighting: some how is tied in with the main lighting and exhaust fans, needs own switch work orders are in but to no avail.
- bear bog fixed
- air conditioner, removal: work orders are in but still in windows
- French drains: work order is inŠ g. upgrades to softball field: new back stop/benches going in as we speak
- banner: approved up @ end of the month
- Upcoming Events
- Election Day- WPAC Meeting??? Need volunteers to sit at the table, talk about park programming and replenish coffee.
- Halloween: banner and fliers out, in-house on 24th for park kids, 25th for community and seniors. Expect 75-100 people for drive-in. Oct.18th scarecrows and pumpkins will be delivered weekend of 26th for park kids decorating.
- Thanksgiving: no takers for doing a holiday thing other than the holiday lighting which is on Nov. 16th
- Fountain Lighting: Nov. 16th, All ages bring a dish to share and come decorate the fountain.
- Winter classes we currently have 70 park kids enrolled, discussed the new hours of the moms/pops/tots, they don't work, adjusting the hours to 9:30am and 10:45am since the numbers have dropped