ATTENDANCE: Susan Fontana, Denise Browning, Richard Tilley, Doug Wood, Adam Housley, John Shirk, Ryan Jackson, Jack Eskin.
PARK DISTRICT STAFF ABSENT: Cynthia Rosario - Area 2 manager (no report submitted); John Davidson (Report Submitted)
- January Minutes were read and approved.
- Treasurer's Report - Richard Tilley submitted a report.
- Dog Park Report- Adam Housley - Adam announced and distributed flyers for For the Love of Dogs - a fundraiser for the dog park to be held on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 7pm-11pm-at Twisted Spoke - 501 North Ogden Ave. In addition, he discussed his work to obtain quotes on new benches for the dog park. Other pending issues - water pluming needed (water fitting needs to be replaced - submitted request summer of 2008) and drain cleaning needed - dog park floods regularly. Work orders have been pending for quite some time.
- Soft Ball - Ryan Jackson - Ryan reported upcoming-ongoing meetings to solidify the upcoming season's dates, rules, and fees.
- Chicago Flower and Garden Show-Community Gardens in the Parks Exhibit - Doug Wood - Doug reported that all was on schedule.
- John Davidson's printed report submitted to the Meeting:
- Special Events - Valentine's Day Dance - Friday, February 6-$5-6:30pm-8pm-110 attended. ADVISORY COUNCIL QUESTION: What account is the recipient of the funding from the Party. Wicker Park? Area 2? General Park District Funds?
- Park Kids Program
- "Program going great"
- 2/12 - Super Kid's Day - 38 registered 9am-6pm
- 2/16 - President's Day - closed.
- 'Teen Scene'
- Teen Night - once per month at different field houses - in area 2.
- January Event - 10/26 - Teen night/Junior citizen Judging-100 teens attended - 6pm-9pm-ADVISORY COUNCIL QUESTION - Since we don't have a teen group - who from Wicker Park Attended-and how did they know about it?
- February Events - 2/7 - City Wide teen ski trip 12noon-8pm - 400 attended - Question from Council - Since we don't have a teen group - who from Wicker Park Attended-and how did they know about it?
- 2/21 Area 2 teen Ski trip 8am-5pm? Advisory Council - same question as above?
- February's service request repairs - Exterior/interior roof repair.
- ADVISORY COUNCIL QUESTION - What is the 2009 summer movie in the Park-Name - Date- Time?
Meeting Adjourned - 8:40 PM