Present: Cynthia Rosario (Area 2 Manager), John Davidson (Park Supervisor), Jason Zaffaroni (Park Physical Instructor), Susan Fontana (WPAC - Co-President), Denise Browning (WPAC-Co-President), Richard Tilley (WPAC Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC - Secretary and Garden Club), John Shirk (Urban Encounter), Adam Housley (Dog Park), Sylvia Ramos (Pritzker School), Tim Kolecke (Website), Park Kids Parents: Anais Vargas, Christina Vargas, Toni Anderson, Clintina Taylor, Natalie Konieczko, Lisa Stauff, Allen Shepard,
- Minutes - Doug Wood - January Minutes were read and approved.
- Treasurer's Report - Richard Tilley submitted treasurer's report.
- Committee Reports
- Dog Park Committee - Adam Housley – Fundraiser 'For the Love of Dogs' - 150 people attended event on Sat. Feb 13 at Twisted Spoke- 501 N. Ogden Ave. 7-11pm. The group raised $2,100.
- Web Site Committee - Tim Kolecke - Reported on Updates, LinkedIn, Twitter, Face Book. Will include spring Park District Session on site. Will work to upgrade history and info on sections of the park - dog park, playground and add minutes.
- Softball - Ryan Jackson - Not present
- Gardens and Landscape Committee - Doug Wood - Reported on excellent attendance for Native Landscape Design Series Lectures (50+per lecture - 82 in February) and full house-54students registered for Jan-Feb Home Design Saturday Class funded in part by Parkways Foundation. He reported on special meeting with Patrick Levar (Head of Trades) and Art Richardson (Head of Central Region). All work orders will be entered in new electronic system with entry and completion dates entered. All Park Staff can access this network and be kept up to date. Repairs will be completed as followings: All window latches replaced and all windows will be able to be opened; large air vent above auditorium door will be blocked; bathroom stalls will be replaced with new 'anti-graffiti' materials; softball lock box will be replaced with one that cannot be pried open; playground equipment will be repaired and checked regularly for repair needs; Damen/Schiller entrance will be backfilled and brought up to grade; water fountain at fountain court will be repaired; Wicker Sculpture will be returned in Spring or Early Summer; staff will dig for water mains in dogpark and be replaced as weather permits; driveway drainage will be repaired.
PARK KIDS GROW REGISTRATION - Mon-Wed - February 22,23,24- 5pm-6pm. Clintina and Toni will help.
- Parent Committee Meeting-Education-Events-Clintina Taylor, Toni Anderson - Clintina reported that surveys are to be completed and submitted in support of extended programming for adults and children. Doug Wood said he'd send out another survey request.
- Collaboration Committee - Faces of Wicker Park - John Shirk - John is working with Elaine Coorens to upload project.
- Election Day - Susan Fontana reported that many people who voted in the Park were greeted with coffee and rolls and given ParkNews newsletters. The event was co-sponsored by WPB Chamber of Commerce.
- Staff Reports - Cynthia Rosario (Area 2 Manager), John Davidson (Park Supervisor), Jason Zaffaroni (Park Physical Instructor),
- Cynthia Rosario reported that this year there would be $250,000 to help support summer camp registration of children from to families who qualifies for this program. A list of dates and times to apply will be announced. Ms. Rosario was asked about the status of the request for portable toilets - she had no information.
- Jason Zaffaroni reported on his first 4 months, teaching seasonal spots, working with the teen club, indoor soccer and citywide competitions.
- John Davidson reported on Park Voyager's Trips to Shed - 72 people and next trip goes to Mexican Fine Arts Museum in Pilsen. He reported on the upcoming Summer Camp, which was eagerly received by the parents present. In addition, he and Jason reported that the Valentine's Dance was very successful and thanked Susan Fontana for the decorations she donated.