Present: John Davidson (Park Supervisor), Denise Browning (WPAC-Co-President), Susan Fontana (WPAC – Co-President), Richard Tilley (WPAC – Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC - Secretary and Garden Club), Scott & Ashley Venable (Mosaic Church), John Shirk (Urban Encounter), Adam Housley (Dog Park), Tim Kolecke (Website),
- Minutes - Doug Wood – September Minutes were read and approved.
- Treasurer's Report - Richard Tilley- Report Submitted .
- Committee Reports
- Dog Park Committee - Adam Housley – Adam announced a Dog Park Cleaning Day scheduled for Saturday, November 6 from 11am-2pm. Also, the committee is discussing Wicker Park locations for the annual fundraiser. More information will be presented in December. The dead tree is still on site.
- Web Site Committee - Tim Kolecke – Tim will be doing extensive updating and will move the site to a new host.
- Softball Committee - Ryan Jackson Absent
- WPPA (Wicker Park Parent’s Association) report to the WPAC – Absent – No report submitted
- WPPA Music Concert Final Report – Absent – No report submitted
- WPPA Scholarship Fund – Balance & Projected Plan –Absent – No Report Submitted
- Park Programming Survey Update - Absent – No Report Submitted
- Open Mic – John Shirk (Urban Encounter - Reported) No report.
- Gardens and Landscape Committee - Doug Wood – The Annual Fountain Decorating Social is scheduled for Sunday, November 21 from 10am-4pm. Set up begins inside field house at 8am.
- Staff Reports – John Davidson – Park Supervisor
- Park Kid's / Youth Programs
Monday - Gym Games, Lead Up Games and Circle Games
Tuesday - Arts & Crafts and Floor Hockey
Wednesday - MSI Science Club and Seasonal Sports
Thursday - MSI Science Club and Floor Hockey
Friday - Fun Friday
- Central Region Area 2 Floor Hockey Tournament
Wicker Park Fieldhouse will have five teams entered in tournament play
Locations - Wicker Park Fieldhouse and Smith Park
Dates November 9 - November 23
Times - 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Regional Floor Hockey Play - December 4 at Orr High School Park
- City-Wide Floor Hockey Play - December 18 and 19 at McCormick Park
- Upcoming Special Events
11.4.10 - Lion King (Live Theater) 7pm
11.6.10 - Park Voyagers Field Trip - The Chicago History Museum 10am
- The Teen Scene
Conceptual Design Workshop Site Visits and Workshops (Teen Playground)
May 2010 - 3 Workshops for teen from parks throughout the central region of Chicago Park DIstrict
June 2010 - 2 Site field visits/field trips and 1 workshop (eco friendly environment and L.E.E.D. Certification)
July 2010 - 1 Site visit/field trip behind the scenes at the Magic Waters
Sept. 2010 - 1 Workshop for teen from parks throughout the central region of the Chicago Park District
October 2010 - 1 Site visit/field trip behind the scenes at Fright Fest
Nov. 2010 - 1 Workshops for teen from parks throughout the central region of the Chicago Park District
Nov. 2010 - 2 Site visits/field trips - Broadway in Chicago (The Lion King) behind the scenes at Soldier Field and meet the architects that will be working with teens on the project
Dec. 2010 - Ice skating party at Daley Bicentennial park
- Recent Servie Request Repairs
Light fixtures repaired and reinstall in activity rooms 1 & 3
Drop ceiling repaired in activity rooms 1 & 3
Gym walls and doors painted
Gym floor sanded
Gym floor sealed
Gym floor painted
Exterior lights re-lamped
Exterior timers reset
Installation of Job box behind softball backstop
Restroom sink knobs reinstalled
Aeration of baseball outfield
- Park Kid's / Youth Programs
- Other Discussion
Denise Browning introduced the planning sessions for events in the park that will begin at the December Meeting and continue into the January and February Meetings. Members were asked to think over events they’d like to see in the park and begin planning in December. All agreed that the open mic series would be great to repeat in the 2011 season.