Present: John Davidson (Park Supervisor), Jason Zaffaroni (Part-time Physical Instructor), Denise Browning (WPAC-Co-President), Susan Fontana (WPAC – Co-President), Richard Tilley (WPAC – Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC - Secretary and Garden Club), Adam Housley (Dog Park), Tim Kolecke (Website), Scott Venable (Mosaic Church), John Shirk (Urban Encounter), Tyler Culligan (Church in the City), Cory & Millie Minton (Missio Dei Chicago), Clintina Taylor (WPPA), Tom Smith (Covenant Presbyterian), Nandika Doobay (Pipeline), Jacob Moore (Church in the City), Danielle Albert (Church in the City)
- Minutes - Doug Wood – January Minutes were read and approved with changes.
- Treasurer's Report - Richard Tilley- Report Submitted.
- Committee Reports
- Dog Park Committee - Adam Housley – Adam announced the upcoming Dog Park Fundraising event For the Love of Dogs -held at The Twisted Spoke, 501 N Ogden Ave Chicago, IL 60622 on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 7:00pm - 11:00pm. The Event is “A Valentine's party ‘to celebrate the furry ones you love.’ Adam will hold the spring cleaning day on Sat. April 30 at 11am-1pm with the Big Mulch Day Event.
- Web Site Committee - Tim Kolecke – Tim did extensive updating to site.
- Softball Committee - Ryan Jackson – Absent
- Gardens and Landscape Committee - Doug Wood – Attendance at the monthly landscape design lectures is high between 50-65; Home Landscape Design 7 week Saturday workshop is filled at 70 with people from all over Chicagoland attending-class is going well.
- Staff Reports – John Davidson – Park Supervisor – Various Questions Answered.
- New officers elected by ballot and counted by Denise Browning - President: Tim Kolecke - President; Scott Venable – Vice-president, Doug Wood - Secretary, Richard Tilley - Treasurer – for 2 year Term - 2013
- Community Discussion on Park Events for 2011. The Following listof events and programming were discussed and were determined to be producible. THESE EVENTS supplement the Park District Sponsored Events – Valentine’s Day (February), Meet the Bunny (April), Summer Movie in the Park (Date to be Determined), and Haunted Drive In Movie (October). Committee Chairman gave updates. All equipment needs will be compiled and submitted to park district staff in March. All WPAC are to bring a list of potential funding sources for each of the events to the March 1 meeting. AT that time, all events will have a list of target funders to approach in March – No two events will be given the same targets for funding. NOTE: Area two movie sites and movie rental prices were added from information received after the meeting-obtained from John Davidson, Park Supervisor.
- GARDEN TENDING – HORT TECH TRAINING
Saturdays April 1 – December – 10am-1pm
Park Gardens – 10,000sq. ft of Ornamental Gardens
Wicker Park Garden – All Invited – Groups and Sponsors
- EARTH DAY EDUCATIONAL EVENT
Saturday, April 16 – 10am – 1pm
West Side Field House – Music Area
Greening Education, Greening Art, Planting Seeds,
Wicker Park Garden, WPAC, Friends of the Parks
- BIG MULCH DAY & GREEN EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING
Saturday April 30 – 8am-3pm –Mulch Entire Park - Green Programming in Auditorium – 1-4pm
Mulch all trees in park then Seminars
Green Heart, Wicker Park Garden Club-Coordinating Producers
Urban Encounter, Covenant Presbyterian Church,
Roberto Clemente School
- PLANT SALE – Booked and Partnered
Sat. Sun. May 7, 8 - 10am-4pm
West Side Field House or In Gym if Raining
Garden Club’s Annual Fundraiser for Gardens with Educational Greening Workshops in Auditorium
Wicker Park Garden Club in Collaboration - Chicago Park District
- PUPPET SHOW - SERIES
Sundays (Every other) May 8 -August – In Playground-TBD
Tyler Tiggs - Church in the City, WPAC
- CHILDREN’S CARNIVAL
Saturday, June 18 - 10am-3pm - Soft Ball Field
Missio Dei Chicago, WPAC – Coordinating Producers
Mosaic Church, Junior League of Chicago, Urban Encounter,
Wicker Park Garden, WPCA, Covenant Presbyterian,
Puppet Show- Church in the City
- OPEN MIC - SERIES
May 27, June 24, July 29, August 26 – 6-9PM – Field
Church in the City, Urban Encounter
- MOVIES IN THE PARKS
TBD - $1250 each or 3 for $1000 each – Soft Ball Field – WICKER DOES NOT RECEIVE A FREE MOVIE THIS YEAR
Mosaic Church, WPAC – Coordinating Producers (Area 2 Movies – Commercial, Smith, Humboldt (2), Kedval
- EDUCATION FAIR – Determine Date and Time
Groups Sponsoring TBD? WPC Interested
- BOO-PALOOZA - HALLOWEEN EVENT
(Permission has been Received to Use Name)
Saturday, October 29 – 10am-2pm - Music Area -West Side Missio Dei Chicago, Mosaic Church,
Puppet Show – Church in the City
- FOUNTAIN DECORATING SOCIAL
Saturday, Sunday, November 19, 20 - 10am-4pm
Wicker Park Garden, The Care of Trees
- LANDSCAPE DESIGN LECTURE SERIES
1st Mondays –Sept-April - 7-8:30pm – Auditorium Wicker Park Garden and Sponsors Welcome
- GARDEN TENDING – HORT TECH TRAINING
ADJOURN AT 9PM.