ATTENDED: Dan Puente (Wicker Park Supervisor), Tim Kolecke (President WPAC), Richard Tilley (WPAC Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC Secretary), Adam Housley (Dog Park), Denise Browning (Former WPAC President & WPGarden), Susan Fontana (Former WPAC President and WPGarden), Sylvia Ramos (Pritzker & Neighborhood), Lauren Krebs (WPAC Events Committee), Steve Jensen (Bucktown Community Organization), Tyler Culligan (Magic Boat Puppet Theater), Jake Moore (Magic Boat Puppet Theater)
- Minutes from January 2013 – Read, Approved – Doug Wood
- Treasurer’s Report – Richard Tilley – Submitted Report
- Park District Report – Dan Puente (Wicker Park Supervisor) – On Line registration for the Spring Session begins Tuesday, February 26. Cubs Car T Ball will be held on Saturdays. Summer programming schedule is in preparation. 110 children will be in the Summer Day Camp in 2013. The Meet the Easter Bunny Event will be held on Saturday, March 30 from 10am – 1pm. It includes a free Egg Hunt and the screening of the movie HOP. Work orders are being completed. Dan will obtain a quote for a 2nd unit from OUI OUI and Advisory Council will pay for it; Park District is paying for one of the two units to be placed in the parking lot. The units are to be lockable and advisory council will purchase locks and replace them when and if they are lost or stolen.
- Security Report – Steve Jensen (Bucktown Community Organization) – For the past two years, Steve Jensen has worked as a concerned citizen for hundreds of hours in collaboration with the 14th District Police and 32nd Ward Alderman Waguespack to assist with reducing overnight campers, drug sales, drinking, and vandalism in the park. He has taken numerous photos of drug deals, customer’s license plates and individuals who have sold drugs in the park and submitted them to the authorities. He stated that the group of chess tables near the Schiller Fence enhances this illegal behavior. From these observations, he states that the tables must be removed for a safer park for all park patrons and where the Park District’s Code of Conduct can be enforced. The children of Pritzker School and the families that use the park will benefit from these positive changes.
STEVE’S REPORT FROM 14TH District Police– Steve reported that he spoke with the 14th District Commander who told him that 911 and 311 call protocol has changed and that the time it took to view camera footage – based on the limited staff – would not be possible.
MOTION : A motion was made to request that the Chicago Park District remove the 4 chess tables. It was 2nd and all VOTED to approve Removal except one member. Doug Wood will write Park District next morning.
- Dog Park Committee – Adam Housley – The Dog Park Fundraiser will be held at the Twisted Spoke on Saturday, February 16 from 7pm – 10:30 and feature raffles and silent auction items. The fundraiser for the Dog Park and the WPAC will be scheduled soon. This is a fundraiser to be held at Robert Gomez’s Subterranean Bar. SIGN – the dog park sign is coming soon and will be placed next to the storage shed.
- Website – Tim Kolecke – Tim Updated website. Will add Summer Events soon.
- Teen Group & Mosaic Church Volunteer Support – Scott Venable absent.
- Landscape & Education – Doug Wood & Denise Browning - The Landscape Design lecture series is going well and is well attended. The Home Landscape Design 7 week workshop is filled and student are doing a great job this year.
- EVENTS – Time permitted only a short discussion of special events – all proceeding.
Adjourned at 8:55PM