ATTENDED: Clare Rodriguez (Park Supervisor), Adam Housley (WPAC President), Richard Tilley (WPAC Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC Secretary), John Shirk (Urban Encounter & Wicker Mic), Tim Kolecke (Web Site and Former President), Mike Payette (WPAC Security Committee), Michael Watt (WPAC Security Committee and neighbor), Beth Sholtis (WPB SSA #33 Assistant Program Manager & Acting Director of WPB Chamber), Jack Wangelin (WPB Chamber Membership & Marketing Coordinator), Jan Kelly (Park Patron)
- Secretary (Doug Wood) - November Minutes were read and approved as submitted.
- Budget Report given by Richard Tilley. Doug distributed a file listing all cash flow for Boo-Palooza – income and output by category. This did not include all the in-kind donations from all the exhibitors and sponsors.
- Park District Report - Clare Rodriguez, Park Supervisor and Discussion of topics with entire council.
- Clare thanked all who decorated the fountain for the season and thanked us for sending her links to the two videos produced by two graduate students from the Medill School of Journalism.
- She stated that on-line registration took place on December 2 and that people could also register in person on Saturday, December 6 in the field house.
- She reported that two staff positions were now vacant: Adam Pena (Part-time Physical Instructor) left at the end of the summer and Jason Zaffaroni (Part-time Physical Instructor) will leave, being promoted to full-time physical instructor at Eckhart Park. The council discussed the fact that two of the three part-time physical instructor positions would now be vacant, after – the public just registered for classes designed to be taught by 3 instructors. The group decided to contact various sources to assist with finding resolutions.
- She reported on a teen summit at soldier field.
- Expand the Number of Movies to be presented in Wicker Park in 2015
Each year and in 2015, The Wormhole Coffee has sponsored 3 movies at $1000 each. This year the series theme will be movies featuring Robin Williams. WPB Chamber would like to work with businesses to obtain funding to sponsor a 4th movie. Jack Wangelin, Beth Sholtis, Tim Kolecke, Doug Wood and the entire advisory council discussed this topic. In addition, the chamber would like to add 2 food trucks to the events. This would involve finding funding for waste management and ensuring that there are locations that are permitted for food trucks near the park. Also, the group discussed the need for security at each movie. The chamber will work to obtain funding for one movie and attempt to raise this funding by the end of February 2015.
- VOTED: The entire council voted to approve the letter to Support Senior Art Class. The letter was written describing the positive attributes of the class, that it helps fill the void for adult programming, and that it was well attended.
- January 2015 Planning Meeting for Events and Programming – Tuesday, January 20 from 7pm – 8:30pm. The meeting was discussed. The council approved the letter be sent in December and that Doug provide materials for time to upload information for PARTNERS on the website.
- Positive support was given to working out a plan to incorporate Cirque Experience into Wicker Park Curriculum and Performance Series – communications have been on-going with Wolfgang Bientzle & Renee Harris.
- A long list of coordinators of potential events and programming will be contacted the 1st week of December
- Doug Reported that he spoke with Art Richardson and Clare about potential inclusion in Nights Out and in obtaining better coverage on the Park District Website in 2015 – goal – list all our events on Park District Website with links to our site.
- SET 2015 SECURITY MEETING – Mike Payette, Michael Watt and the council all agreed that a meeting should be set to address security issues. This would include an update on issues brought up last year:
- Security cameras – when will they be hooked up to a monitor that can be viewed by the public inside the field house
- Weekend security
- Report from 14th and Park Security – what worked in 2014 and what did not.
ADJOURN AT 8:45pm