ATTENDED:Clare Rodriguez (Chicago Park District Wicker Park Supervisor), Adam Housley (WPAC President), Scott Venable (WPAC Vice-President), Richard Tilley (WPAC Treasurer), Doug Wood (WPAC Secretary), Denise Browning (Former WPAC President and WPGarden), Susan Fontana (Former WPAC President and WPGarden), Leah Root (Wicker Park Committee President),Jerry Mandujano (1st Ward Staff)
- Minutes from the May 2015 Meeting were read and approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Richard Tilley gave the updated report.
- Report from Clare Rodriguez – Park Supervisor
- Clare and Security have identified the sex offender and his information is registered with 14th and Park Security. All staff members have been alerted to call 911 when he is spotted.
- She and her staff have the names and phone numbers to reach the 14th immediately in addition to calling 911.
- The staff will be on site during the daytime at the GMF. They will be informed of who to call if emergencies arise.
- A new landscaper (on site waste management person) is to be on site; however, no one has seen him/her. Clare will set a time to meet the person with Shirron Molette, supervisor of landscaping.
- Clare discussed the Central Region Human Trafficking Walkathon to be held on Saturday, June 13. The walk begins at Smith Park, proceeds to Commercial Park and then ends at Wicker Park. Speakers, including Alderman Moreno will be giving talks at Wicker following the walk. Adam Housley will represent the advisory council. The council will present an information table with banner, events cards and documents.
- June Events and Assignments: The WPAC went through all the June events and assigned people to be in charge of each, to assist with set up, and to man the table, answer questions, and to promote the park events and programming.
- Midnight Circus in the Parks: The WPAC discussed the Midnight Circus in the Parks Organizational Meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 9 at Wells Park. Denise Browning, Scott Venable, Clare Rodriguez, and Doug Wood will attend.
Ad Sales– Doug Reported that the MCIP Ad Sales team is ready to begin work following the MCIP June 9 meeting. Ad Sales team include: Leah Root, Devin Poole, Amy Pilewski and Doug Wood.
- Security in the Park
- During GMF - $3,000 is needed for 4 security guards from BluCorp – 4pm – 11:30pm daily. Waiting on Alderman’s contribution. Mike Payette and George Mariner offered $1,500 if alderman or GMF do not cover costs.
- During WPF - $2000 is needed for 3 security guards from 3pm – 11:30pm daily.
- Update on Cameras? None – Clare still cannot access from her computer.
- Update on Surveillance times for 14th and Park Security? No update.
- Wicker ICE – Report – Doug Wood – Doug Wood reported that Brian Culliton, Mike Kupfer, and he met with Michael Lange, Chicago Park District and discussed the Wicker Ice Rink proposal. Michael will review our proposal with preferred vendors for Ice Rinks and get back to us.
- WPC Announcement: Leah Root, WPC announced the WPC Wicker Park Vintage sale to be held on Saturday, June 6 from 9am – 7pm. There is a sign up for tables on their website.
ADJOURN at 8:30pm