Wicker Park Advisory Council Meeting Minutes
Date: January 22, 2007
Present: Kelly Torres, Denise Browning, Richard Tilley, John Shirk, Doug Wood, Susan Fontana, D. R. Edwards, Sylvia Ramos, Joshua Taylor, David E. Wagner, Julie Dickinson, Mindy Bartholomae
- Approval of December minutes: Ms. Ramos moved to approve the minutes, Mr. Tilley seconded. The minutes were approved by unanimous vote.
- Supervisor's Report (Kelly Torres):
- Area Manager: Unfortunately, the area manager is out ill and will be out a week or two.
- New Recreation Leader: Position is advertised. No further information available.
- Seasonal Attendant: No new information available.
- Landscaper: No new information available.
- Dog Park Committee: No responses yet. Mr. Wood moved to advertise the need for the committee in area newspapers and websites. Ms. Edwards seconded. Motion unanimously carried.
- Air Conditioning: Open timetable.
- Window Shades: Still a bit of a comedy of errors. Ms. Fontana was told the PO is still lost; whereas Mr. Torres was told the shades would be delivered shortly.
- Landscaping and Trash Bags: Citichurch members (Mr. Taylor and Mr. Wagner) volunteered to assist/volunteer for park clean up and trash removal.
- Floor Hockey: The 11-12 year olds won the City Championship!!!
- Moms & Tots: Keeps growing. The program now has 125-130 kids, divided into 4 classes.
- Treasurer's Report (Richard Tilley): $26.00 to Recorder of Deeds for change in registered agent.
- Parkway Foundation Funds (Denise Browning): Nothing to report.
- Committee Reports:
- Fountain Court (Doug Wood): Will be approaching banks and donors soon with a list of park programs that need funding.
- Garden Club (Doug Wood): Planted 18,000 bulbs from an anonymous donor. Lights will be removed 2/3/07. Lecture series is ongoing. Mr. Tilley is teaching seed workshop, which is nearly at capacity. Importing our Park programs to other parks will be primarily via Park Kids Grow. Mr. Wood will be preparing grant proposal to present to Friends of
- Playground/Bear Bog (Julie Dickinson): Nothing new to report.
- Events (Susan Fontana):
- Christmas Parties: All went quite well.
- Valentine's Dance: Scheduled for 2/14. Ms. Ramos (with Lisa and Rosette Stavrou) volunteered to decorate. Ms. Fontana will follow up.
- Movie in the Park: Kelly will check Coyote dates. Could we have the movie in the school in case of rain? Citichurch wants to help with food and other activities.
- Election Day: Ms. Dickinson, Ms. Bartholomae, Mr. Wood, and Ms. Fontana volunteered to serve coffee during the election.
- Paper shredding: To be explored in more depth.
- Carnival: Various options discussed. Mr. Wood's idea for a multi-school carnival discussed. Ms. Ramos will contact other schools to invite them to participate (e.g., art, drama, music, school public relations). Ms. Dickinson will handle what was done last year; Ms. Ramos and Mr. Wood will expand. Ms. Edwards will coordinate Lemonade Stand. Date/times selected were June 3, 2007, 9:30 to 12n for tots, 12n to 3:30 for older children. Unanimously approved by entire committee.
Next meeting February 13, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. in the Field House.